Super Amazing Wagon Adventure is a fast-paced 2d shooting game with a random story. You control a group of three migrants traveling west along a wagon trail. The game consists of short scenes that are sequenced together in a semi-random way to tell a crazy adventure story. One minute you could be massacring a herd of buffalo, the next attacked by eagles while falling off a cliff.
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure was created by me, sparsevector, a solo game developer.
Want to see the game on Steam? Give it a Yes on Greenlight.
Get the soundtrack with the PC version or on bandcamp.
- "Hilariously weird, with a solid gameplay base, itís really quite brilliant." Rated 8/10 Eurogamer
- "...a dark-hearted delight that revels in its random nature." Rated 8/10. edge-online
- "It is a game, not about how games used to be, but how they should always be: worlds within themselves, existing partially onscreen and partially within the imagination and deductive abilities of each participant." Hookshot Inc.
- "....I think it might actually make you stupider while you play it. " indiegamerchick.com
- "If you donít absolutely love this game I hope you die of dysentery." indie-love.com
- Stupidly fast. The scene changes every 3-30 seconds with some new enemy or obstacle to overcome. Bears, snakes, spiders, buffalo, avalanches, fire, scorpions, sharks, bandits, wolves... the list is long.
- Random. The scenes you play are sequenced together in a semi-random way, so you never know which dangers you will face. Rare and bizarre events provide extra surprises.
- Unlockable wagons. New wagons with special weapons and characteristics are awarded for completing challenging tasks and surviving rare events.
- Customize your party. You pick your party membersí names and appearances. Name them after your friends and then watch them die one by one in brutal ways.
- A true challenge. There are no checkpoints or save games. When a party member dies, that party member stays dead for the rest of the game. The game is fair but unforgiving so beating it is a true accomplishment.
- 10 minutes to beat, hours to complete. If you can survive, the game only takes 10 minutes to beat, but the random scenes, high difficulty, and unlockables keep you playing much longer.
- Survival mode. After conquering the main adventure, try one of the endless survival modes. See how long you can last against an infinite pack of wolves or a limitless stream of bears.